HOW TO APPLY, REMOVE AND CLEAN YOUR FALSE LASHES
False eyelashes are a fun and simple way to mix up your normal style and attract greater attention to your eyes. Although it may take a few attempts to apply false eyelashes for the first time, it is incredibly easy and only takes a few minutes once you get the hang of it.
HOW DO I APPLY FALSE LASHES?
- In order for falsies to look like your own, they need to blend with your natural lashes. Therefore, you must curl your natural lashes to create a base that will seamlessly support the lashes.
- Apply mascara before applying the falsies, rather than after, as the mascara could otherwise result in clumpy-looking lashes. At Crown Cosmetics, our lashes are made with additional length and volume, so that mascara isn’t required, but if you wish to wear some, apply it to your natural lash first. This will avoid mascara build up and will increase the longevity of your lashes. In saying this, adding a layer of mascara after application can add more drama to your look, if done properly.
- Starting from the inner corner, use tweezers to remove the lashes carefully from the tray, pulling in the direction towards the outer corner.
- Ensure the lash is the right fit by holding it above your eyelash line.
- Once measured, use the tip of your scissors to cut the excess lash if necessary. Even if your lash is a perfect fit, it is best to trim the part of the lash that does not hold any lash hair.
- Take the edges of the lash band and bend it in a U shape to curl it to your eye shape.
- Apply your lash glue on the lash band with an applicator or small brush and let it set for 30 seconds, until it becomes tacky.
- Use your fingers, tweezers or a lash applicator to stick the lash on, as close as possible to your natural lash line. Tip: Start from the inner corner of your eye pressing down lightly towards the outer corner of your eye.
- Allow the eyelashes to dry for a couple of minutes before applying mascara, to ensure that the lashes are stuck on properly.
HOW DO I REMOVE FALSE LASHES?
There are multiple ways to remove your lashes. Tugging them is not recommend and can lead to damaging your real lashes.
Try removing the false lash by holding the base down and gently peeling the lash from the outer corner towards the inner corner of the eye.
If you are experiencing difficulty removing the lash we suggest you add a non-oil based makeup remover to the lash band where the glue is and allow it to set for a few seconds to soften it then \ try to peel it off again.
HOW DO I CLEAN MY FALSE LASHES?
Once you are about to remove the lashes, do so gently and then clean them well. Cleaning the lashes carefully extends its durability and must be done with care. (Please refer to section above on how to remove false lashes.)
Getting rid of any glue from the false eyelashes is essential. Use tweezers to carefully remove large glue residue from both back and front sides of the lash band. Use your fingernail to gently scrape off the remaining smaller pieces
Rinse the lash band using water, use a wet Q-tip to avoid water reaching the lash tips as contact with water may affect the curl and the quality.
Once cleaned and the lashes have dried, place them back in their original box. Keep the box well closed to avoid dust or bacteria from going onto your lashes.
Make sure you use your mink lashes carefully and also clean them well always so that they stay in proper shape and last you for a very long time.